Sunday, June 28, 2009

A LITTLE HELP...?

Here I am, still playing with glass but I have a dilemma. It's just that little bit of red netting over the fish. I am being very brave putting the netting there at all and I'm still not sure, but wonder if I can get some feed back on which version looks better. If you think the red should go, that's ok just say so. My question has to do with whether it should hang down (1st picture) or drift to the left (2nd picture).
The fish look black but are actually multi-colored mylar which changes with the light. I have partially mirrored the glass so it has a reflective quality and plan to layer it on to something else... don't know what yet. Here's the second one: This seems like a pretty dumb question for me to ask but I've looked at it too long today and need fresh eyes.
BTW, in case anyone else is trying to carve up glass, I have discovered an absolutely wonderful tool called a 'running pliers' that will snap off that edge of glass that you've scored with no trouble at all and no cut fingers! They are available at stained glass stores. I can't tell you how many pieces of broken glass I have left all over the country while trying to frame my paintings. If only this marvelous tool had not been kept secret during my long painting and framing career!
Any red net (red neck?) advise you can leave will be greatly appreciated.. hope you all had a wonderful weekend!




8 comments:

Kathleen Coy said...

I like the boldness of the red, I would keep it. Also, I am leaning towards the 2nd picture. They both look good but I think the words flow better in the 2nd one. :-)

Janine said...

Hello,
I think that glasswork is wonderful and unique and I congratulate you to your work.
Have a good week
Janine

Lisa Nelson's Art, Bucks County Designs said...

Hi Doris, I like the red! I like the second picture and if it were mine, I'd put a small piece of red net in the bottom left as well so your eye isn't immediately drawn to the top. You are making me want to play with glass! Have a wonderful day, Lisa

WarPony said...

I like the second one, I think it has a more balanced look. Very cute!

Fuzzy Brush said...

You guys are great...and you all said the same thing! Number two it is and Lisa, just before I came on line I decided to add that little bit to the bottom left! Are we on the same train or what? Thanks everyone. I be back with the finished piece soon..I hope.

Nina's Paintings said...

Hi Doris,
I really like your glass pieces. And it proves that an artist should NEVER throw away anything.

Fuzzy Brush said...

You've got that right Nina!

Sherry Byrum said...

I would say drift to the left.
Very unique piece!!
Thanks for visiting my blog!
Happy 4th of July!!
Sherry