Friday, May 22, 2009

GAVE PROOF THROUGH THE NIGHT

The weekend coming up is all about the flag....and the flag is all about our beliefs as a country.

I thought this painting would be an appropriate image to wish everyone a happy Memorial Day!
I've entitled this watercolor "PROOF THROUGH THE NIGHT" from the line in the Star Spangled Banner. I think that says it all.

Be safe and well this weekend, enjoy your travels and the friends you meet along the way, but also say a little prayer for the men and woman fighting for our country while we enjoy the fruits of their labors!






4 comments:

Lisa Nelson's Art, Bucks County Designs said...

Beautiful painting, Doris. I love your sense of motion. Hope your holiday is safe and happy too. See you next week (so to speak)!

Janine said...

That is such a lovely painting. I can appreciate that too, even without being an american ;0)
Have a lovely weekend
Janine

Fuzzy Brush said...

Thank you Lisa and Janine. You are such good people to take time out from the holiday weekend to send comments. I love them!

Haunted Swamp Designs said...

HI Doris!
Oh this is so pretty! I love it.

When you have a min. come over to my blog, hauntedswampdesigns, I have an award for you!
(my Email is not working)
Lynda