Friday, March 27, 2009



What a wonderful, beautiful, bright blue day! No question that Spring is finally here. I saw my first boats today... If you live on a lake that's akin to seeing your first Spring robin! It happens every year and yet I'm always surprised to see life being lived on the north side of my studio! Just 2 small boats, going in different directions but a true promise of the lofty sails that will be hoisted in just a few month's time! I love to watch the sailboat races...a soundless struggle of canvas and wind.... I love to paint the motions that they create...the excitement of pure freedom as they glide along the surface of the water.
This watercolor entitled "Blue Gulls", seemed the perfect pick for today so I brought it out for this occasion! Reproductions are available from my website.

1 comment:

911 said...

I found my forgotten blog looking for yours. Now I found yours, and forgot where mine is.
Arby