Tuesday, February 17, 2009

MY LAST SHOW




Posted by Picasa

After 28 years, 2008 marked my final year on the art show circuit. It was with mixed feelings that I participated in my last show but it was a beautiful way to go out. Christkindl Market held at the Granger House
Museum in Canandaigua in November was one glorious experience
and it holds bittersweet memories for me now as I look back. The venue included
several very large heated tents decorated with all the trimmings that the
Christmas season could inspire. There was entertainment throughout the
three day festival and the most wonderful food available at all times.
Buggy rides around the extensive grounds of the Granger House and tours
of the home were a particularly nice touch and if people in charge of an
event could be nicer or more helpful, I don't know where that would be. I
saw many old friends there, people came from all over and there was an
air of festivity throughout the entire weekend....I even won 1st prize
for painting and was awarded a big blue ribbon...well, actually it was a
big red and white ribbon but you get the idea. It made my weekend
special.

I wish to thank everyone who ever stepped inside my booth over all these
years. You have made my chosen life very special. I loved talking to you
about art, your family, your pets and just life in general. If you bought
a painting, then thank you for that ..I will always be in your life, and
you in mine. If you just came to browse, that's fine too, I get a special
lift when you care enough to do that! You can still do that through my
website and this blog which is finally up and running.

I expect to have more time to create new works now and they will be
posted on my website as soon as they are dry! I do hope you will come to
look at them and email me with your comments. After all these years it
would be
very lonely without you!

No comments: